What is a Tennis Bracelet?
A tennis bracelet is a type of bracelet worn as jewelry. It is comprised of a line of gemstones, usually diamonds, linked together in a continuous line. The diamonds, or other gemstones, are set in either a gold or silver band and are connected with small, individual links. Tennis bracelets are a popular style of jewelry and are often worn with formal or semi-formal attire.
|Bet on Tennis Online
50% up to $1,000 Welcome Bonus
A+ Rating Review
25+ Years Online
History of the Tennis Bracelet
The tennis bracelet originated in the 1980s, when tennis star Chris Evert lost her diamond bracelet during a U.S. Open match. After the match, Evert requested a delay of the match so that she could search for her bracelet. The incident made headlines and, as a result, the tennis bracelet was born. The tennis bracelet has been a popular piece of jewelry ever since.
Types of Tennis Bracelets
Tennis bracelets come in a variety of styles and designs. Some of the more popular styles include:
- Diamond Tennis Bracelet: This is the classic tennis bracelet and is made of diamonds set in either a gold or silver band.
- Gemstone Tennis Bracelet: This type of bracelet is made with a variety of colored gemstones set in either a gold or silver band.
- Pearl Tennis Bracelet: This type of bracelet is made with pearls set in either a gold or silver band.
How to Choose a Tennis Bracelet
When selecting a tennis bracelet, there are several factors to consider. These include:
- Design: Choose a design that suits your personal style and the occasion for which the bracelet will be worn.
- Gemstones: Consider the type of gemstones used in the bracelet. Diamonds are the classic choice, but other gemstones such as rubies, sapphires and emeralds are also popular.
- Metal: Choose a metal that suits your style and budget. Gold and silver are the most popular choices, but platinum and titanium are also available.
How to Wear a Tennis Bracelet
Tennis bracelets can be worn with a variety of outfits. They look great with evening wear or formal attire. They can also be dressed down with jeans or a casual dress. Tennis bracelets can be worn alone or layered with other bracelets for a more fun, eclectic look.
How to Care for a Tennis Bracelet
Tennis bracelets require special care to keep them looking their best. Here are some tips for caring for a tennis bracelet:
- Cleaning: Clean your bracelet regularly with a gentle jewelry cleaner.
- Storing: Store your bracelet in a soft pouch or box to protect it from scratches.
- Avoiding Moisture: Avoid wearing your tennis bracelet when swimming, showering or washing dishes.
How to Take Off a Tennis Bracelet
Tennis bracelets can be tricky to take off, particularly if they are a snug fit. Here are some tips on how to take off a tennis bracelet:
- Loosen the Clasp: Using your fingers, gently pull the clasp of the bracelet away from your wrist to loosen it.
- Push the Clasp: Gently push the clasp of the bracelet away from your wrist. This should allow the clasp to slide off your wrist.
- Use a Paper Clip: If the clasp is still stuck, try using a paper clip to help loosen the clasp. Gently insert the paper clip in the clasp and push it away from your wrist.
- Use a Jewelry Tool: If the paper clip does not work, try using a jewelry tool such as tweezers or needle-nose pliers to help loosen the clasp.
Tips for Taking Off a Tennis Bracelet
Here are some additional tips to help make taking off a tennis bracelet easier:
- Adjust the Fit: If your bracelet is very tight, try adjusting the fit by removing some of the links. This will make it easier to take off the bracelet.
- Use Lubricant: If your bracelet is still difficult to take off, try using a lubricant such as baby oil or petroleum jelly to help loosen the clasp.
Signs of a Poorly Fitting Tennis Bracelet
A poorly fitting tennis bracelet can be uncomfortable and can cause damage to the bracelet and your skin. Here are some signs of a poorly fitting bracelet:
- Skin Irritation: If you experience redness, itching or irritation on your skin, the bracelet may be too tight.
- Stretching: If the bracelet is too tight, it may stretch out over time. This can cause the bracelet to become loose and the links to separate.
Tennis bracelets are a classic and timeless piece of jewelry. They are a popular choice for formal and semi-formal occasions. Taking off a tennis bracelet can be tricky, but with the right tools and techniques, it can be done. When selecting a bracelet, be sure to consider the design, gemstones and metal type to ensure a perfect fit. With proper care and maintenance, your tennis bracelet will last for years to come.