Prince of Tennis is a sports manga series written and illustrated by Takeshi Konomi. It follows the story of a tennis prodigy Ryouma Echizen, and his journey to become one of the best tennis players in Japan. The series has been extremely popular since its release in 1999, and has been adapted into an anime, two live-action films, two OVAs, and a stage musical.
|Bet on Tennis Online
50% up to $1,000 Welcome Bonus
A+ Rating Review
25+ Years Online
With its charming characters and exciting matches, Prince of Tennis is an anime that appeals to both kids and adults. But is it really suitable for children? In this article, we’ll discuss whether or not Prince of Tennis is kid-friendly.
What Is Prince of Tennis About?
At the start of the series, Ryouma Echizen is a middle school student who has just returned to Japan after training in America. He sets his sights on attending the prestigious Seishun Academy, known for its strong tennis club. After joining the school and the tennis team, Ryouma starts to hone his skills and make friends.
The story follows Ryouma and his friends as they participate in various tennis tournaments and build their skills. They face off against a variety of opponents, each with their own unique playing style. As the series progresses, the characters grow and develop, and their relationships with each other also deepen.
Is Prince of Tennis Kid-Friendly?
In general, Prince of Tennis is a kid-friendly series. It is rated PG-13, meaning that it is suitable for children 13 and up. However, there are some elements of the series that may not be suitable for kids.
The series does contain some violence, but it is usually kept to a minimum. Most of the violence is verbal, such as characters shouting at each other or arguing. There is also some physical violence, such as characters punching each other. However, it is usually not graphic or gory.
The series does contain some romantic elements, but it is mostly kept light-hearted and innocent. There are no explicit scenes or strong language used, and the romance is often used for comedic relief.
Alcohol and Drugs
Prince of Tennis does not contain any scenes of drug or alcohol use. This makes it suitable for children of all ages.
The series has a positive message about friendship, teamwork, and perseverance. The characters are all supportive of each other, and work together to achieve their goals. It also shows the importance of hard work and dedication, as the characters strive to improve their skills.
The Pros and Cons of Watching Prince of Tennis
Now that we’ve discussed the content of the series, let’s take a look at the pros and cons of watching Prince of Tennis.
- Exciting matches: Prince of Tennis is full of exciting matches between Ryouma and his opponents. These matches are full of suspense and tension, and are sure to keep viewers on the edge of their seat.
- Entertaining characters: The characters in Prince of Tennis are all unique and entertaining. Each character has their own strengths and weaknesses, and they all have interesting personalities. This makes them easy to relate to and root for.
- Positive messages: As mentioned before, Prince of Tennis has a positive message about friendship, teamwork, and perseverance. This can be a great lesson for kids to learn.
- Suspenseful matches: The matches in Prince of Tennis can be suspenseful and intense. This can be a bit too much for some younger viewers.
- Slow pacing: Prince of Tennis can be a bit slow at times. This can lead to some viewers losing interest.
- Confusing terminology: The series makes use of a lot of tennis terminology. This can be confusing for some viewers, especially younger ones.
Overall, Prince of Tennis is a kid-friendly series. It contains some violence and romance, but it is kept light-hearted and innocent. It also contains positive messages about friendship and perseverance, which can be a great lesson for kids.
However, the series can also be a bit slow and confusing at times. The matches can also be intense, which may not be suitable for younger viewers.
If you’re looking for an anime that is suitable for kids, Prince of Tennis is definitely worth considering.